The Overload Around China photo series is comprised of images that depict a unique aspect about the Chinese culture. Due to unaffordable highway and bridge tolls in China, companies have been taking extreme measures to bypass them, even if that means facing fines as well as life-threatening situations. As ridiculous as the captures in the Overload Around China photo series are, they are revolve around very dangerous scenarios.
Compiled by China Foto Press, the Overload Around China photo series deals with a series problem. Cui Zhongfu, secretary-general of the China Federation of Logistics and Purchasing, states, "Many companies carry too much freight to try to make trips more profitable and compete with rivals." According to Beautiful Decay, "rivalry over transportation companies has cost China about a dozen collapsed bridges each year."
The Overload Around China Series is Amusingly Mind-Boggling
1. Overloaded Vehicles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Development of lightweight and durable vehicle designs to accommodate high freight loads while ensuring safety.
2. Unaffordable Tolls - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduction of alternative toll payment methods or fee structures to reduce costs and encourage compliance.
3. Logistics Optimization - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implementation of advanced logistics technologies and systems to increase efficiency and reduce reliance on excessive freight loads.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Manufacturing of next-generation vehicles with optimized load-carrying capacities and improved fuel efficiency.
2. Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Development of smart tolling systems and infrastructure solutions to alleviate the toll burden and enhance traffic flow.
3. Supply Chain and Logistics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduction of data-driven analytics and automation tools to optimize freight management, reduce costs, and improve supply chain efficiency.