Singer Katy Perry, Broadway star Cheyenne Jackson, actor Ian McKellen, designer Hermes Mallea and many more are honored in Out Magazine’s 14th annual OUT 100, the list of the “movers and shakers” on the gay scene.
Spanning the gay and straight, male and female, and everything in between, the list honors, “artists, activists, athletes, and aesthetes (who) embody triumph, daring, ingenuity, and integrity.”
“In the GOLDEN AGE of HOLLYWOOD, icons were created,” explains the Out 100 list article, later adding, “Into this era of exuberance we cast the Out 100, our unashamedly subjective list of the gay men and women who moved culture—ours and the culture at large—over the past year.”
‘Out 100' Honors Gay Icons of 2008
1. Celebrating LGBTQ+ Icons - Opportunity for brands to showcase support for the LGBTQ+ community and celebrate influential individuals.
2. Honoring Diversity and Inclusion - Increased recognition of diverse voices and representation in media and entertainment.
3. Impact of Cultural Movers and Shakers - Acknowledgment of individuals who have made significant contributions to culture and society.
1. Media and Entertainment - Creating platforms and content that highlight LGBTQ+ individuals and their achievements.
2. Fashion and Design - Collaborations with LGBTQ+ designers and showcasing inclusive fashion trends.
3. Events and Experiential Marketing - Organizing events and campaigns that celebrate diversity and promote inclusivity.