In an effort to appeal to customers in a tough Japanese economy, Tokyo's Otasuke pub introduced a rather bizarre, but rather self-explanatory discount program for its patrons: the balding discount.
The odd promotion aims to support fathers who are losing their hair as a result of working hard and stress, offering discounted meals for each bald member in your party. Otasuke reportedly also offers some kind of super discount for a party of six bald diners.
To make things even quirkier, Otasuke is also working to add items inspired by baldness to its menu and one of the ideas in the works is a hard boiled egg with a sparse sprinkling of seaweed on top to resemble a combover.
Japan's Otasuke Pub Will Offer You a Cheaper Meal If You're Bald
1. Balding Discounts - Opportunity for businesses to offer unique discounts based on physical characteristics or traits.
2. Support for Fathers - Opportunity to create products or services that specifically cater to the needs of fathers dealing with stress and hair loss.
3. Quirky Menu Items - Opportunity to introduce unconventional menu options that playfully incorporate different themes or concepts.
1. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants can explore creative ways to attract and cater to niche customer segments, such as those with balding customers.
2. Personal Care Industry - Companies can develop innovative hair loss solutions or stress-relief products targeted towards fathers.
3. Food and Beverage Industry - Brands can experiment with novel food and beverage options that embrace unconventional themes, attracting customers seeking unique experiences.