Designer Benjamin Rollins Caldwell conceived the Organ Furniture Collection as a range of home furnishings with an almost organic aesthetic. Consisting of a glass-top coffee table, armchair and a bed frame the Organ Furniture Collection may remind some more of the calcified interior of a bat cave than a musical instrument.
Made from grey PVC pipes cut to varying lengths just like those in a church organ, the Organ Furniture Collection is quite eco-friendly. The cushioning that appears on the armchair is actually made of thousands of white foam balls stuffed into a plastic casing. Click through the gallery to see the entire Organ Furniture Collection.
The Organ Furniture Collection by Benjamin Rollins Caldwell
1. Organic Aesthetic - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring sustainable materials and natural-inspired designs in home furnishings.
2. Eco-friendly Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing furniture made from recycled materials and utilizing energy-efficient manufacturing processes.
3. Creative Material Usage - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embracing unconventional materials and techniques to create unique and visually striking furniture designs.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating sustainable practices and eco-friendly materials into the manufacturing of home furnishings.
2. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring innovative furniture designs that challenge traditional concepts and embrace unconventional materials.
3. Recycling and Waste Management - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Finding new ways to repurpose and upcycle materials, specifically PVC pipes, into functional and aesthetically pleasing furniture pieces.