The Opening Ceremony FW 2012 collection draws heavily on military motifs. However, the series is not sartorial and neat. The line maintains a street-savvy comfortable edge while still incorporating drop-crotch pant styles and colors. The curation boasts a dynamic use of textures too, from Meltons wools to tweeds, to parachute nylons and cottons. The casual silhouettes and slouchy fits are wearable, while suave.
Opening Ceremony is an international company based out of Manhattan. The brand brings together up-and-coming American designers with international names. Each year a new country is added to the long list of collaborations. Opening Ceremony aims to re-contextualize the mission statement of the Olympics into the fashion world. While the Olympics merges sports, business and global participation, Opening Ceremony replaces sports with creative design forces.
The Opening Ceremony FW 2012 collection is suave while still casual and comfortable.
The Opening Ceremony FW 2012 Collection is Warm-Hued and Cozy
1. Military-inspired Fashion - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in creating modern and sustainable military-inspired fashion.
2. Street-savvy Comfort - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in designing comfortable and trendy streetwear.
3. Textured Fabrics - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in developing innovative textured fabrics for fashion and apparel industries.
1. Fashion - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in incorporating military motifs and streetwear elements into fashion collections.
2. Apparel - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in creating comfortable yet stylish apparel using military-inspired designs.
3. Textiles - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in the development of new and unique textured fabrics for the fashion and apparel industries.