Most conventional bands and music groups nowadays have a normal set of instruments they will use: guitar, drums, keyboards, maybe even a saxophone. The Open Spark Project cover band uses a very unconventional electric device known as a Tesla Coil to spark up their songs.
Part science part music, the Open Spark Project does an amazing remix of "This is the Remix" by Girl Talk. All the sounds are created by the lightning-like electrical currents created by the Tesla Coils. The engineers behind the project used a MIDI keyboard in collaboration with the coils to turn their recorded synthesized sounds into intricate lightning-like music.
Audience: don't get too close to the live performances as those bolts can kill. Oh, and of course, no autographs.
The Open Spark Project Uses Tesla Coils as Synthesizers
1. Unconventional Instruments - There is an opportunity for businesses to explore ways of using unconventional instruments as a way of creating unique sounds in the music industry.
2. Combining Science with Music - Businesses could create opportunities by giving innovation for combining science and music to create a unique experience for consumers.
3. Electric Music - Opportunities for the creation of musical performances, bands and concerts made up of electrical instruments are available.
1. Music - Musical instrument, equipment and electronics manufacturers, marketers, and sellers could create new products based on these unconventional music instruments.
2. Science - The field of science could expand by collaborating their discoveries to the music world through the creation of music technology equipment.
3. Concerts and Festivals - The creation of an all-electric music festival is possible with the inclusion of electric musical instruments as a new norm.