It's a jungle out there on the Internet, and online security is no joke. Protecting your data, personal information and your hardware from online threats has never been more essential than it is right now.
Fortunately, anti-virus software maker Symantec has given all of us a friendly reminder through this infographic about how to maximize online security by outlining the five biggest mistakes people make related to their online security. For example, you may know that you shouldn't open mysterious email attachments or executable files, but did you know that today, 61% of all malware is distributed through legitimate websites that have been compromised? Most of the mistakes relate to assuming that security is good enough, not updating software and a lack of education.
Being lax on your online security is a really serious matter, and can not just ruin your day, but your entire life if your identity gets stolen.
Symantic's Infographic Shows the Five Biggest Web Security Mistakes
1. Increased Online Threats - The rise in online threats emphasizes the need for businesses to invest in robust online security measures.
2. Importance of Software Updates - Businesses should prioritize regular software updates to avoid potential vulnerabilities and improve online security.
3. Education and Awareness - Promoting education and raising awareness about online security can help businesses minimize the risk of cyberattacks.
1. Cybersecurity - The cybersecurity industry can capitalize on the growing demand for advanced online security solutions and services.
2. Software Development - The software development industry can focus on creating secure software by implementing stringent security measures and regularly updating their products.
3. Education and Training - The education and training industry can offer programs and courses to educate individuals and businesses about online security best practices and help them develop the necessary skills to mitigate risks.