Anchovies and onions are not for everyone, but if you happen to be a fan of both, this Anchovy Onion Butter recipe will be right up your alley. The Food 52 recipe blends the sweetness of caramelized onions, the saltiness of anchovies and rounds it all out with the creaminess of whipped butter. Making the butter is surprisingly easy and only requires five ingredients: an onion, anchovies, anchovy oil, butter and some sugar.
Although you might be eager to eat this butter over toast right after it's been freshly combined and still warm, the flavors would probably be even better if they got to sit and mingle with one another for a while. Spread over some crunchy bread, this would be a fantastic snack for the fall.
This Anchovy Onion Butter Recipe Satisfies Creamy, Salty & Sweet Cravings
1. Savory Spreads Trend - With the rise of unique savory spreads, there is an opportunity for businesses to explore new flavor combinations and broaden their offerings.
2. DIY Ingredient Trend - More people are looking to create homemade sauces and spreads, presenting an innovative approach for food manufacturers and restaurants to offer DIY ingredient options.
3. Gourmet Comfort Food Trend - Savory spreads are becoming a popular ingredient in gourmet comfort foods, providing a unique opportunity for creative dishes that will satisfy consumers' cravings.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - With the increasing popularity of unique savory spreads, the food and beverage industry has the opportunity to innovate and create new flavor combinations.
2. DIY Business Industry - The DIY ingredient trend within the food industry presents an opportunity for businesses to offer ingredient kits and other such products.
3. Culinary Arts Industry - The use of savory spreads in gourmet comfort food recipes provides an innovative space for culinary artists to explore and experiment with unique and flavorful dishes.