Omri Barzeev's 'Zaza' chair is meant to blend felt and wood together in a harmonious fashion, and for me it does--primarily because it reminds me of a speaker. The conical shape of the seat itself and the joints where the wood meet the felt remind me of a giant version of a home theater speaker.
We've seen a number of innovative furniture designs that use sound and aural cues to help inform their shape. Check out some of my favorites below.
Omri Barzeev's 'Zaza' Chair Blends Felt & Wood
1. Speaker-inspired Furniture - Opportunity to design furniture inspired by audio and sound technology.
2. Hybrid Material Furniture Design - Opportunity to blend different materials for a unique furniture design.
3. Multifunctional Furniture - Opportunity to design furniture that combines multiple functions, such as sound and seating.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Opportunity for furniture manufacturers to offer innovative, speaker-inspired designs.
2. Audio Technology - Opportunity for audio technology companies to collaborate with furniture designers to create speaker-inspired furniture.
3. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to incorporate speaker-inspired furniture into their designs.