Olympic uniforms have forever been changed. Select Olympic hockey players will get the chance to wear state-of-the-art 3D-scanned Olympic uniforms. It will be custom fitted to their bodies, just like superhero suits.
Bauer officially revealed the high-tech hockey equipment called ‘OD1N’ in December. CEO Kevin Davis has commented on the gear saying that it is the “concept car” of hockey equipment. Bauer used a tech-friendly combination of composite materials, compression-molded foam and 3D optical scanning to make each outfit fit the person wearing it. The skates, protective gear and goalie pads have all been lightened in weight by one-third.
The six lucky players that will get to wear the Olympic uniforms include NHL’s Jonathan Toews (Team Canada), Patrick Kane (Team USA), Alex Ovechkin (Team Russia) and goaltender Henrik Lundqvist (Team Sweden). Claude Giroux (Team Canada) and Nicklas Backstrom (Team Sweden) will also sport the high tech uniforms.
Bauer has Created a New Futuristic Olympic Uniform
1. 3d-scanning Technology - The use of 3D-scanning technology to create custom-fitted gear opens up the potential for mass customization of high-performance sports equipment.
2. Lightweight Equipment - The development of lightweight equipment through the use of composite materials and compression-molding could revolutionize the performance of various sports.
3. High-tech Sportswear - The integration of technology into sportswear could lead to the creation of high-performance athletic gear with enhanced features and capabilities.
1. Sports Equipment - The sports equipment industry could leverage 3D-scanning technology and lightweight materials to create high-performance gear that is customized for individual athletes.
2. Athletic Apparel - The athletic apparel industry could benefit from the integration of technology into sportswear to create high-performance garments with advanced features such as moisture-wicking and temperature-regulation.
3. Sporting Goods Retail - Sporting goods retailers could capitalize on the trend towards high-tech sportswear and equipment by offering personalized shopping experiences that use 3D-scanning technology to customize gear for individual customers.