If you are a fan of candy floss, you are going to want to try this super fun old fashioned recipe. From the blog Sugar and Charm, the cotton candy-topped cocktail is a sweet take on a classic alcoholic beverage.
To try this old fashioned recipe at home, you will need bourbon, Angosturra bitters, orange peel, ice and a "puff" of orange cotton candy (to get the correct aesthetic). You will also need a cotton candy machine to create said puff.
This is not the first time cotton candy has been used in an adult setting, but the combination of a stuffier libation with the fun, carnival-esque treat is unexpected. This makes it perfect for grown adults who still feel like a kid on the inside.
This Old Fashioned Recipe Incorporates a Topping of Cotton Candy
1. Carnival-inspired Cocktails - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for bartenders to create more carnival-themed cocktails using fun and playful ingredients.
2. Cotton Candy in Adult Beverages - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for beverage companies to incorporate cotton candy into more adult-friendly beverages for a fun and unique twist.
3. Interactive Cocktail Making - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for bars and restaurants to offer interactive cocktail-making experiences for customers to create their own fun and unique drinks.
1. Beverage - Beverage companies have the opportunity to create new and innovative products using fun and playful ingredients like cotton candy.
2. Restaurant and Bar - Restaurants and bars can offer unique interactive experiences like cotton candy-topped cocktails to attract customers and stand out from competitors.
3. Event Planning - Event planners can incorporate carnival-inspired cocktails with playful ingredients like cotton candy into their menus to create a fun and memorable experience for guests.