For his practice, Portuguese architect Nelson Resende arranges a triad of office volumes on the outskirts of Porto. The composition includes a cylinder, a rectangle, and a cube. The shapes are designed to house Nelson Resende's studio. The idea behind the structure is to create a subtle composition that appears separate but is connected at the points of interaction.
The exterior of the office volumes is kept exceptionally minimalist, allowing for the sleek geometric buildings to be low-maintenance and purely functional. Due to the nature and the layout distribution of Nelson Resende's new studio, the architect has the option of interacting with the space based on need. That is, whether a project requires more space, the office volumes can be linked to deliver for special needs.
Photo Credits: João Morgado
Nelson Resende's Triad of Buildings in Porto Appear Separate
1. Minimalist Architecture - The trend of using sleek geometric designs and minimalistic exteriors in architectural structures.
2. Flexible Workspaces - The trend of creating spaces that can be easily modified and adapted to fit the specific needs of different projects and activities.
3. Connected Design - The trend of creating separate structures that appear distinct but are connected at certain points to foster collaboration and interaction.
1. Architecture - The architecture industry can leverage the trend of minimalist architecture to design more functional and low-maintenance buildings.
2. Interior Design - The interior design industry can capitalize on the trend of flexible workspaces to create adaptable and versatile environments for various purposes.
3. Construction - The construction industry can explore the trend of connected design to build structures that promote collaboration and teamwork.