'Odysse' is a Gujarat, India-based micro-mobility startup that recently announced the 'Odysse Daily Use Bike' and the 'Odysse Maxi Scooter.' These two options were engineered to meet the needs of the local market, rather than to compete on a global scale. As such, the Odysse Daily Use Bike boasts an impressive 150km range with a top speed that approaches 80km, significantly quicker than the standard e-bike performance range.
The Odysse Maxi Scooter follows a similar trend of punching above its competitors. This scooter delivers upwards of 200km of range per charge with a dual-battery-equipped model, or roughly 100km with a single-battery model. Odysse noted that the majority of e-bike and e-scooter riders in India source their vehicles from Chinese manufacturers, and the company continued to note that these China-focused e-bikes are not always optimized for Indian riding conditions, leading to these two Odysse vehicles.
Image Credit: Odysse
Odysse Announced a New E-Bike and E-Scooter for the Local Market
1. Localized Micro-mobility - Micro-mobility startups can create disruptive innovation by designing vehicles tailored for specific local market needs.
2. Extended Range E-bikes - There is an opportunity for disruption in the e-bike industry by creating models capable of achieving longer ranges with higher speeds.
3. Dual-battery Scooters - Creating dual-battery-equipped scooters can be a disruptive innovation opportunity to meet the needs of markets with long commutes or limited charging infrastructure.
1. Micro-mobility - Localized micro-mobility startups can disrupt the industry by providing solutions tailored for specific local market conditions.
2. Electric Bikes - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity in the electric bike market by creating models capable of achieving longer ranges with higher speeds.
3. Electric Scooters - Designing dual-battery-equipped scooters can lead to disruptive innovation opportunities by meeting the challenges of long commutes or limited charging infrastructure.