Sana Packaging launched the cannabis industry's first 100% reclaimed ocean plastic jars, which help to support the move towards a circular economy. The Sana Ocean Jar 4 is not only the first plastic jar made from reclaimed ocean plastic for the cannabis industry but also the first jar that's being produced in-house by Sana Packaging.
The Sana Ocean Jar 4 was designed to be used with the Sana Ocean Screw-Top Lid, although it has the potential to be used with other closures. The certified child-resistant solution is designed to hold up to seven grams of flower, or edibles or topical products.
In the fight against plastic packaging waste, Sana Packagingfco-Founder & CEO Ron Basak-Smith says that the brand "has already removed more than 58 tons (116,000 lbs) of plastic waste from our oceans. For reference, the average car weighs about 2 tons (4,000 lbs.)"
Image Credit: Sana Packaging
Sana Packaging Created a First for the Cannabis Industry
1. Reclaimed Ocean Plastic - The use of reclaimed ocean plastic in packaging is a trend that will appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
2. Circular Economy - The shift to a circular economy, where waste is minimized by using recycled materials, is a disruptive trend in the packaging industry.
3. Child-resistant Packaging - The demand for child-resistant packaging, as seen with the Sana Ocean Jar 4, is a trend that can be applied to other industries such as pharmaceuticals and personal care products.
1. Cannabis - The cannabis industry can adopt the use of reclaimed ocean plastic and circular economy principles in their packaging to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Consumer Packaged Goods - Consumer packaged goods companies can incorporate reclaimed ocean plastic in their packaging to reduce waste and appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
3. Pharmaceuticals - The child-resistant packaging trend, as seen in the cannabis industry, can be applied to the pharmaceutical industry to ensure the safety of children.