Will.I.Am is ready to release his new song he wrote for Obama called â€œIt's a New Day.â€ This is the third Obama-themed song the Black Eyed Peas MC has produced.
Will.I.Am's first pro-Obama song, â€œYes We Can,â€ became a viral hit when it was released in February. He followed that up with â€œWe Are the Ones.â€
â€œIt's a New Dayâ€ debuted on DipDive.com on Wednesday.
Implications - Will.I.Am says that his new song was "inspired by America." He says that Itâ€™s a New Day is all about "Obama winning, and really paying tribute to those people who are responsible for that happening." Will.I.Am is very happy with Obama's success and feels that it is a great "American accomplishment."
“It's a New Day” by Will.I.Am for Barack Obama
1. Obama-themed Music - The popularity of Obama-themed music shows a desire for cultural expressions of political figures, leaving room for more artists to create songs that honor political leaders.
2. Viral Campaign Music - The success of Will.I.Am's pro-Obama songs highlights the potential for music to be used in political campaigns to go viral and attract a large online following.
3. Political-narrative Pop Songs - Will.I.Am's use of pop music to create a narrative surrounding Obama's achievements in politics creates opportunities for both musicians and political parties to connect with voters.
1. Music Industry - The success of Will.I.Am's pro-Obama songs highlights the potential for musicians and record labels to capitalize on political events by producing and promoting politically themed music.
2. Political Campaign Industry - The success of Will.I.Am's pro-Obama songs highlights the potential for political campaigns to leverage music as a means of promoting their message and reaching a wider audience.
3. Online Streaming Industry - The popularity of Obama-themed songs highlights the potential for streaming platforms to host politically themed content and capitalize on the increased demand for it during major political events.