Estonian-born model Karmen Pedaru sports a tiger-inspired mane for the Numero February 2010 issue. The 20-year-old brunette shows off khaki structured jackets paired with barely-there underwear and plenty of leg. Animal prints and tribal patterns are shown in short minis, high-waisted skirts and button-downs. Pedaru also sports wrists full of thick chunky bangles. It's all about the accessories, ladies!
Implications - Today's modern women is more independent and successful than at any other point in modern history, and the result is that consumers are increasingly eager to see advertisements and art that celebrates this triumphant fact. Collections like this highlight society's increasing acceptance of fierce and unfettered feminine figures and this is one trend that any company marketing towards this demographic should take into account.
Numero February 2010 Mixes Wild & Tribal
1. Independent Women - Trends celebrating the increasing independence and success of modern women.
2. Fierce Feminine Figures - Art and fashion that embraces and celebrates strong and unfettered feminine figures.
3. Chunky Bangles - Bold and oversized bangles as a trendy accessory choice.
1. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to create clothing lines that empower and celebrate independent women.
2. Advertising - The advertising industry can tap into the trend by featuring strong and fierce female figures in their campaigns.
3. Jewelry - Jewelry designers can capitalize on the trend by creating bold and chunky bangle collections.