To add interest to wine expert Kiko Calvo's second wine product, Javier Garduño Estudio De Diseño created novelty wine bottles.
Upon tasting the wine and describing it as "full," the design team was inspired to create a brand based around its Spanish translation, which also has different meanings are linked to bowling. As such, 'Strike' was introduced in fun bottles that are shaped just like bowling pins. To create the standout designs, the wine bottles were made with a printed sleeve and sealed with a synthetic white wax seal that helps to disguise the cap opening of the bottle. The word "Strike" is also arranged in such a way on the bottles that mimics the way the pins are arranged at the end of a lane.
The sports-inspired wine bottles stand out on their own, but are equally as intriguing to look at in multiples as part of a display.
Kiko Calvo's 'Strike' Novelty Wine Bottles Resemble Bowling Pins
1. Novelty Packaging - Creating wine bottles with unique and eye-catching designs adds interest and attracts consumers.
2. Branding Inspired by Translation - Utilizing different meanings and associations from a translation can create a distinct and memorable brand identity.
3. Sports-inspired Design - Incorporating elements from popular sports, like bowling pins, into product design can create visually appealing and conversation-starting products.
1. Wine and Spirits - The wine and spirits industry can explore innovative packaging designs to differentiate their products and enhance brand appeal.
2. Graphic Design and Packaging - Graphic design and packaging companies can offer unique and creative solutions to help brands stand out in the market.
3. Retail and Display - Retailers can take advantage of sports-inspired design elements to create captivating and visually appealing displays that attract customer attention.