Competing sustainable designers are realizing that it isn't enough to switch to greener manufacturing processes or to opt for repurposed materials, as the studios that get noticed are beginning to boast the practice of both. The NOTWASTEMX collection of furnishings presents several pieces that have been made without wasting anything, for the components are fabricated from discarded wood from Mexican factories.
The OSB wood panels construct the frame of a stool, of a lounger and an ottoman, and of a quirky coffee table. All but that first object feature tightly bound cords as a primary element in their assembly, forming a woven seat and surface in the chair combo, and a stitched slot system for the mini library table. This particular series was made in collaboration with three different Mexican designers, in addition to the NOTWASTE duo.
The NOTWASTEMX Collection Combines Discarded Manufacturing Materials
1. Discarded Material Furniture - Designers are creating furniture from discarded materials to reduce waste and create unique pieces.
2. Sustainable Manufacturing - Businesses are implementing sustainable manufacturing processes to reduce their environmental impact and appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
3. Multi-designer Collaborations - Collaborations between designers from various backgrounds provide opportunities for innovation and unique design concepts.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can incorporate discarded materials into their products and appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
2. Sustainability Consulting - Consultants can provide guidance to businesses looking to implement sustainable manufacturing processes.
3. Creative Collaborations - Companies can collaborate with designers from multiple disciplines to create unique and innovative products.