When people gaze at the redesigned Norway krone banknotes, first all they will see are abstract blocks of color. Yet upon closer inspection, the abstract forms become pixelated images of landscapes and more. Yet that is only on one side. The other side of the Norway krone banknotes features more detailed images.
Communicating images set around the theme of 'the sea,' the Norway krone makeover was part of a competition that was launched earlier in the year. After receiving entries from professional artists to young children, the Norges Bank settled on two separate visions set out by Snøhetta Design and The Metric System. Visual News writes, "The series is now going through a revision process to incorporate security elements, so they may look a little different when completed and issued as early as 2017."
The Norway Krone's Modern Redesign is Set to Roll Out in 2017
1. Abstract Banknote Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the use of abstract blocks of color to create unique and visually striking banknote designs.
2. Pixelated Banknote Artwork - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize pixelated images to create an interactive and engaging visual experience on banknotes.
3. Theme-based Banknote Makeovers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate a specific theme, such as 'the sea,' to create a cohesive and visually appealing series of banknote designs.
1. Banking - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Redesign banknotes to enhance brand identity and customer engagement.
2. Graphic Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the intersection of graphic design and currency to create innovative and visually appealing banknote designs.
3. Security Printing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced security elements to protect against counterfeiting while maintaining the aesthetic appeal of banknote designs.