The Nissan Solar Tree officially has me excited about the prospect of mass solar power for cities. This concept device would be about 12 meters tall and have three "branches" designed to capture the sun's rays.
While its design is nothing new, this Nissan Solar Tree is truly magnificent due to the individuals behind the project. Most solar tree designs come from industrial designers looking to strike it big and save the earth. The Nissan Solar Tree however, is backed by one of the world's biggest and wealthiest car companies. If anyone can turn a solar tree into a reality, it's Nissan.
The Nissan Solar Tree Could Be Powering Cities by 2030
1. Mass Solar Power - The Nissan Solar Tree is a potential solution for providing mass solar power for cities, emphasizing the need for a sustainable power source for urban areas.
2. Alternative Energy Solutions - The development of the Nissan Solar Tree highlights the need for, and potential profitability of, alternative energy solutions beyond traditional fossil fuels.
3. Innovative Urban Design - The Nissan Solar Tree and concepts like it show a need for innovative design solutions that balance urban development with sustainable energy sources.
1. Automotive - Companies in the automotive industry like Nissan could emerge as major players in the alternative energy space by developing solutions like the Nissan Solar Tree.
2. Renewable Energy - The renewable energy industry stands to benefit from innovations like the Nissan Solar Tree, which could help meet the increasing demand for sustainable energy sources in urban areas.
3. Urban Planning - The development of innovative sustainable energy solutions like the Nissan Solar Tree highlights the importance of incorporating urban planning and environmental concerns in future urban development projects.