The Ninna Armchair is a striking seat that might bring to mind an outdoor swing for some, the ones specifically catering to toddlers. This playfulness is a nice touch to the otherwise deceptively simple and sophisticated design. The simplicity is deceptive since there are a lot of careful details present in the Ninna Armchair. For instance, the legs are hand-turned out of ash wood while the base tapers inwards a bit to mimic the curve of the backrest.
Designed by Italian designer Carlo Contin for Paris-based company Adentro, the Ninna Armchair was recently presented during Salone del Mobile in Milan. According to Design Milk, the name of the seat is derived from the word 'Ninnare,' which means 'to cradle' in Italian. This is an entirely fitting sentiment.
The Ninna Armchair by Carlo Contin is Playful and Sophisticated
1. Playful Furniture - Designing furniture that is both sophisticated and playful can attract more customers.
2. Handmade Details - Incorporating carefully crafted handmade details in furniture design can increase perceived value.
3. Organic Curves - Utilizing organic curved shapes in furniture design can create a more welcoming and comfortable environment.
1. Furniture - Furniture companies can incorporate playful and sophisticated design elements to create unique products.
2. Home Decor - Home decor companies can benefit from incorporating handmade details and organic curves to create a stylish and cozy ambiance in living spaces.
3. Interior Design - Interior design companies can use playful and sophisticated furniture to create visually appealing and comfortable environments for clients.