Nike Pro, the new ad from Nike, pokes fun at previous Nike virals and 'exposes' the secret behind Cristiano Ronaldo's skills.
Created by the UK's Nitro ad agency, the spot shows how Manchester United's kit man suddenly becomes a super-talented pro footballer once he puts on Cristiano Ronaldo's Nike t-shirt.
He goes on to parody one of Nike's previous virals from 2006 which showed Ronaldinho rebounding the ball to himself off the bar nine times in a row.
I guess the magic is all in the Nike gear!
Nike Pro Exposes Cristiano Ronaldo, Pokes Fun at Nike
1. Parody Sports Advertising - Opportunity for brands to create funny and satirical ads that poke fun at popular sports commercials to capture audience attention.
2. Reverse Brand Exposé - Brands can turn the tables by exposing the 'secrets' behind athlete endorsements to add an unexpected twist and generate buzz.
3. Parodying Cultural Icons - Creating parody content featuring famous athletes and their endorsements can create a humorous connection with consumers and increase brand awareness.
1. Sports Apparel - Opportunity to develop innovative marketing campaigns that take a comedic approach to showcase sports apparel and gear.
2. Advertising Agencies - Ad agencies can capitalize on the trend by creating entertaining parody ads for brands looking to highlight their products in a unique and humorous way.
3. Athlete Endorsements - Athletes and their endorsers can embrace the trend by participating in humorous and self-aware commercials that add a comedic twist to their branding efforts.