Luxury e-boutique Net-A-Porter is launching its own social network app titled the 'Net Set.'
The Net Set app will feature an Instagram-like interface and allow users to shop and share in a social media-like setting. Like Instagram, users will create a profile, follow others, scroll through a live feed and like items by clicking on a red heart shape. This app also lets users upload their own photos and provides them with a source and an option to shop whatever piece is in the photo. The uploaded photo also evokes a "style matches" feature that will collect and source other garments, accessories, and beauty products best worn with the item in the photo.
The Net Set will be free for download on May 13th and will be compatible with all Apple and Android products.
The Net Set App Will Make Shopping a More Social Experience
1. Social Media Shopping - The creation of social networks with broad shopping functionality may disrupt traditional online shops.
2. Fashion-focused Apps - More fashion-focused apps like Net Set may continue to emerge as consumers look for user-friendly, social shopping experiences.
3. Integrated Image Recognition Tech - The integration of image recognition technology in shopping apps could streamline the shopping experience and create new opportunities for personalized marketing.
1. Retail - Retail companies will need to adapt to the shifting landscape of social media and create more social shopping experiences to keep up with the trend.
2. Fashion - Fashion companies will be able to increase engagement with customers and increase brand loyalty by implementing social media shopping strategies.
3. Technology - Technology companies can focus on developing new image recognition and shopping technologies that integrate seamlessly with social media platforms like Net Set.