If you are looking for a DIY natural sun oil, this recipe from the Free People blog will do the trick. The SPF sun oil is an all natural alternative for a summertime everyday beauty product.
While vitamin D is an essential nutrient and the best way to get it is through sunlight, it is important to protect your skin if you are outside absorbing rays. Rather than putting potentially toxic ingredients on your skin, this plant based natural sun oil is a great way to go. This DIY project calls for coconut oil, carrot seed oil, almond oil, raspberry seed oil, olive oil and avocado oil, all of which contain naturally occurring amounts of SPF. The key ingredient is the carrot seed oil, as it contains the most amount of SPF.
This Free People Recipe for SPF Sun Oil is a Completely Natural Alternative
1. DIY Natural Beauty - There is an opportunity for companies to create more DIY beauty solutions using plant-based ingredients.
2. Natural Sun Protection - The demand for natural sun protection products will continue to rise.
3. Ingredient Transparency - Consumers will continue to demand more transparency about the ingredients used in beauty and personal care products.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - The natural beauty and personal care industry is poised for growth as consumers demand more transparency and natural ingredients.
2. Organic Agriculture - The demand for organic and sustainable agriculture will increase as more natural ingredients are used in beauty and personal care products.
3. DIY and Home-based Industries - As consumers seek DIY solutions for beauty products, there will be opportunities for companies to provide tools and resources for at-home production of natural cosmetics and personal care products.