I love this ultimate 'anti-bling' impractical yet unique design that offers an quirky alternative to the traditional analog or digital radio mechanisms. You do use rocks, but not the expensive kind. The Natural Radio concept by Cheol-Ki Jo uses a scale instead of dials or buttons. You control the radio organically by placing stones on either sides of the scale. At least it will be a motivation for you to not increase the volume too much, think of the rocks you will need to use!
1. Organic Interaction - The integration of natural elements as control mechanisms will challenge designers to create new types of products that appeal to users' sensibilities.
2. Alternative Interfacing - The use of unconventional, non-electronic means to control devices will create opportunities for designers to innovate new interfaces with a unique appeal.
3. Impractical Design Objects - The creation of absurdly elegant designs that defy practicality will cater to users who seek rare curiosities as well as establish a new frontier for creative design solutions.
1. Consumer Electronics - Imperative to the growth and development of the consumer electronics industry will be the integration of organic, non-electronic control mechanisms in their designs.
2. Home Decor - The integration of non-traditional designs and materials in home decor will appeal to a younger, more fashion-forward audience seeking unique, stylish decor options.
3. Fine Arts - Exploration of non-traditional materials in art will create new opportunities for artists and designers to push the boundaries of what constitutes as 'art'.