The NaNino+ natural nitrite alternative has been launched by Givaudan as a patent-pending meat preservative for clean label applications to replace nitrite use. The additive boasts a plant-based recipe along with natural flavorings and will be right at home within the brand's existing lineup of Sense Preservation products. The product will initially be available in Europe for use in emulsified cooked sausages with a further expansion to additional applications like cooked ham and bacon in the near future.
Global Product Manager for Sense Preservation at Givaudan Guillaume Gaborit spoke further on the NaNino+ natural nitrite alternative saying, "Because nitrites provide multiple benefits, replacing them is no easy task. Alternative solutions must provide the same level of performance without the associated risks. This is what sets NaNino+ apart: it’s an integrated solution that not only ensures freshness throughout shelf life, but also delivers a cured-like multi-sensory experience in terms of taste and colour. This compelling combination provides high performance in the application itself and may allow for a “nitrite-free” claim on the label.”
The NaNino+ Natural Nitrite Alternative is Arriving in Europe
1. Clean Label Preservatives - The growing demand for natural, clean label ingredients in the food industry offers opportunities for innovation in developing natural preservatives.
2. Plant-based Meat Additives - The market for plant-based alternatives to traditional meat additives is expanding, creating opportunities in the development and commercialization of such alternatives.
3. Nitrite-free Cured Meats - Nitrite-Free cured meats offer potential for disrupting the meat industry, as consumers become increasingly health-conscious and seek safer alternatives to traditional meat preservation methods.
1. Natural Food Ingredients - Innovative, health-conscious ingredients are disrupting the food industry, providing opportunities for companies specializing in natural and clean label products.
2. Meat Processing - The meat processing industry can benefit from the adoption of clean label and plant-based alternatives, leading to a competitive advantage in the ever-evolving landscape of consumer preferences.
3. Food and Beverage Retail - Food and beverage retailers have the opportunity to capitalize on the rising consumer interest in clean label products and differentiated offerings, enhancing their product portfolios and driving sales.