The Nando's Little Hotties ad campaign relies heavily on the common adage, 'Sex sells.' Known for their risque approach to advertising, Nando's newest campaign falls right in line with their previous ones. Actually, it almost surpassed the past when it entered the radar of Australia's Advertising Standards Authority because it had received a fair amount of complaints.
Essentially, the Nando's Little Hotties ad campaign revolves around a burlesque performer/server whose sensual image is accompanied by this particularly dubious copy, "Tight buns. Great breasts. And oh so saucy. These little hotties have got it all." Is it referring to the woman or the burgers? Of course, it is referring to both.
Nando's Marketing Director Kim Russel defended the campaign saying the work was meant to be "sassy not sexy."
The Nando's Little Hotties Ads are Sassy
1. Risque Advertising - Explore innovative approaches to advertising campaigns that push boundaries and challenge traditional norms.
2. Controversial Marketing - Discover strategies that generate buzz and provoke discussions in the marketplace, even if they receive complaints.
3. Gendered Product Promotion - Explore the use of gendered language and imagery in advertising to captivate audiences and create memorable campaigns.
1. Food & Beverage - Discover how the restaurant industry can utilize provocative advertising to attract attention and stand out in a crowded market.
2. Entertainment - Explore how the entertainment industry can incorporate edgy and provocative marketing techniques to captivate audiences and generate interest in their products or services.
3. Advertising & Marketing - Uncover disruptive innovations in the advertising and marketing industry that challenge traditional conventions and push the boundaries of what is considered acceptable.