In early 2020, Planters announced the death of the beloved Mr. Peanut mascot but soon after, Baby Nut was born. Over the months that followed, fans watched Baby Nut evolve into Peanut Jr. and celebrate his 21st birthday—now, Mr. Peanut is all grown up again and he's back with a fresh new look.
Planters' new visual identity comes with a new logo and a refreshed packaging design that puts the new and improved nutty character front and center. Mr. Peanut is back with a cleaner look and a bolder 2D silhouette "to celebrate substance with swagger."
The message of Substance with Swagger underlines the brand's new identity and it's all about sensibility, flair and snacks that are as nourishing as they are irresistible.
Planters' Mr. Peanut is Grown Up Again with a Fresh New Look
1. Refreshed Packaging Design - There is an opportunity for companies to update their packaging design to elevate their products and appeal to consumers.
2. Evolution of Mascots - Brands can explore reimagining their mascots to appeal to changing consumer preferences and demographics.
3. Emphasis on Sensibility and Flair - Companies can focus on emphasizing both practicality and style in their branding efforts to showcase a unique value proposition for consumers.
1. Consumer Packaged Goods - Companies within this industry can benefit from refreshing their packaging design to stay competitive and increase consumer appeal.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Companies within this industry can explore new ways of approaching mascot design and branding to attract audiences and increase brand engagement.
3. Food and Beverage - Companies can emphasize the importance of nutrition and taste in their branding to appeal to consumers' desire for nourishment and indulgence.