MOVMT, also known as The People's Movement, is an eco-conscious footwear brand that manufactures stylish shoes and accessories.
Founded in 2011 on a passion for design, travel and the environment, the brand designed its first product, 'The People's Shoe,' based on the sneakers worn by migrant workers in Shanghai. MOVMT utilizes organic, recycled and repurposed materials wherever possible in producing its merchandise.
Each year, The People's Movement partners with urgent causes that share the brand's values in order to highlight possible solutions for protecting the future of our ecosystems. MOVMT is currently partnered with the Plastic Pollution Coalition. $1 from every pair of shoes in this year's Clean Act Collection goes directly to the Plastic Pollution Coalition, while each pair and its packaging utilizes 20 upcycled plastic bags.
MOVMT on Facebook
MOVMT on Twitter
MOVMT on YouTube
MOVMT Shoes and Accessories are Made With Upcycled Plastic Bags
1. Eco-friendly Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion brands to create eco-friendly products that are stylish and sustainable.
2. Upcycling - Brands can create innovative products by repurposing materials that would have otherwise been discarded.
3. Cause Marketing - Partnering with urgent causes can generate positive publicity and increase brand loyalty.
1. Sustainable Fashion - Fashion companies that prioritize sustainable practices and materials have the potential to attract environmentally-conscious consumers and gain a competitive advantage.
2. Plastic Recycling - Companies that find innovative solutions for upcycling plastic can make a significant impact on reducing waste and pollution.
3. Nonprofit Fundraising - Partnerships with cause-oriented organizations can provide opportunities for companies to give back and engage with their communities.