Hikers looking for a new way to get down hills faster are going to want to check out the Mountainskyver TRAIL. The Mountainskyver TRAIL is a stripped-down folding mountain bike designed to make the trip down a hundred times easier than the trip up.
The Mountainskyver TRAIL was designed by ORTOVOX and differs from a traditional mountain bike in many ways. For starters, the bike can fold and does not feature a seat or pedals. The bike is instead meant to be ridden like a scooter, with the rider standing on top of the foot pads. The ride comes with small tires (20 inches in the front and 16 inches in the rear), and weighs a mere 19.4 pounds. The Mountainskyver TRAIL may not appeal to hardcore mountain bikers, but it could be big for affluent hikers. The bike/scooter sells for $1,200 and is available now.
The Mountainskyver TRAIL is a Rugged Scooter-Bike Combo
1. Folding Personal Transportation Devices - The popularity of collapsible hiking bikes shows an opportunity for the development of more compact and portable personal transportation devices.
2. Hybrid Scooter-bike Combos - The Mountainskyver TRAIL is a unique combination of a scooter and a bike, indicating an opportunity for further innovation in hybrid transportation design.
3. Standing Electric Scooters - The use of foot pads on the Mountainskyver TRAIL suggests the development of standing electric scooters as an alternative mode of transportation.
1. Outdoor Recreation Equipment - The Mountainskyver TRAIL is an innovative product in the outdoor recreation equipment industry that could inspire new designs of other outdoor sports equipment.
2. Personal Mobility Devices - The development of folding transportation devices such as the Mountainskyver TRAIL presents an opportunity for innovative personal mobility devices in the transportation sector.
3. Electric Scooter Manufacturers - The standing foot pads on the Mountainskyver TRAIL indicate a new type of design for electric scooters, presenting an opportunity for electric scooter manufacturers to create innovative products.