Shapermint launched a successful Mother’s Day campaign featuring influences. The Mother’s Day campaign was launched on various social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram, and it has already received over 7 million views. The campaign highlights shapewear products and depicts people calling their mother virtually instead of physically visiting. Virtual calls were used to highlight social distancing, which is currently occurring.
In the Shapermint campaign, six prominent women are leaving messages to their mothers. The campaign features Tori Spelling, an actress, as well as Kira Girard, a reality TV personality. The company is also implementing over 100 influencers, to distribute the campaign.
Overall Shapermint’s campaign is topical and will reach consumers through social media and interactions with influencers.
Image Credit: Shapemint
Shapermint's Mother's Day Campaign Sees Early Success
1. Influencer Marketing - The early success of Shapermint's Mother's Day campaign shows that a well-executed influencer-focused marketing approach can have significant impacts on consumer engagement and sales.
2. Virtual Events - Shapermint’s Mother's Day campaign's creative use of virtual calls as a way of social distancing highlights an opportunity for more businesses to explore virtual event or communication alternatives.
3. E-commerce - The digital age has coincided with the rise of e-commerce in recent years; the successful use of influencer-focused campaigns like Shapermint’s Mother's Day campaign highlights a potential opportunity for businesses to target online consumers directly.
1. Fashion - Shapermint’s Mother's Day campaign, which featured shapewear products, highlights an opportunity for the broader fashion industry to leverage influencer marketing to reach wider audiences.
2. Consumer Goods - Shapermint’s Mother's Day campaign was launched on multiple social media platforms and showcases an opportunity for other consumer goods companies to use these channels to increase their product sales and awareness.
3. Telecommunications - The Shapermint campaign pushed virtual calls and provided an opportunity for telecommunications industries to leverage virtual reality technology and improve communication amid the Covid-19 pandemic.