The Mophie battery rescue dogs are sure to be the stars of the 2015 South by Southwest Interactive. The festival, which takes place a week before its musical counterpart, is a huge gathering of the biggest names in new media and tech. Said names will likely run out of battery at some point during their stay in Austin, Texas. That's where Mophie, the battery pack company, comes in.
The Mophie battery rescue dogs will be dispatched to folks whose devices need a boost. All you need to do is tweet a screenshot of your dying battery to @mophie using #mophieRescue and an adorable St. Bernard may be dispatched to save you. It's unlikely the company will be able to answer all or even many of the inevitable requests, but it doesn't have to. Even one sighting of a Mophie rescue dog in the wild will likely be enough for attendees.
The Mophie Battery Rescue Dogs Save Dead Devices at SXSW
1. Event Technology - Using technology to enhance the experience of attendees at events such as SXSW through innovative activations like Mophie's battery rescue dogs.
2. Social Media Marketing - Leveraging social media platforms like Twitter to create buzz around a brand's unique promotion, such as using #mophieRescue to help attendees recharge their devices.
3. Brand Activism - Using creative and unique activations like Mophie's battery rescue dogs as a way to not only promote a product but also reinforce the brand's values and connection with customers.
1. Technology - Technology companies like Mophie have the opportunity to not only showcase their product's functionality but also their brand personality and connection with consumers through creative marketing activations.
2. Event Planning - Event planners can look to innovative activations such as Mophie's battery rescue dogs to enhance the experience of attendees and create buzz around the event.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising firms can learn from Mophie's approach of creating unique and memorable campaigns that reinforce brand values and foster strong customer connections.