Nike first introduced its Moon Racer silhouette earlier in July this year and now the footwear model is receiving two new tonal options of either Sail and Solar Red or Black and Racer Blue. The running shoes boast retro design elements that draw cues from the label's signature Moon Shoe from 1972. There are, however, more contemporary accents as well -- the sole units on the model are drawn from the new Vapor Street Flyknit. The Moon Racer's uppers are constructed from a mix of materials including suede, leather and nylon.
On top of the mixed-material uppers is a large Swoosh as the branding accent, all of which sits on top of the curvy midsole made from React foam cushions. The black and racer blue colorway option is designed to recall that of a night sky with a predominantly black hue throughout its upper and midsole and additional white speckled design on the midsoles and racer strip. The Sail and Solar Red option has an off-white upper and navy blue branding details along with a cream heel accent.
Nike Dropped Its Moon Racer in Two New Colorway Options
1. Retro-styled Running Shoes - Opportunity to create new models by fusing classic and modern designs on running shoes.
2. Mix-and-match Material Usage - Incorporate multiple materials onto the uppers of shoes for a modern design and unique look.
3. Curvy Midsoles with Cushioning - Innovation opportunities to create new footwear that has both improved cushioning and visually pleasing design.
1. Athletic Footwear - Can incorporate elements of a retro design and new cushioning for improved performance and style.
2. Fashion Retail - Create unique and trendy shoes that merge vintage design styles with modern materials and technology.
3. Material Science - Develop new materials or mixtures to make shoes more durable, comfortable, and fashionable.