The beta version of 'Maquette' — a mixed reality tool that answers the challenges of spatial prototyping, has been released by Microsoft. The software was originally developed by the company in the hopes of engaging the design team to explore the VR landscape in an immersive and informative manner.
Maquette definitely has the power to inspire and practically challenge individuals. The mixed reality tool allows users to prototype spatial qualities through a PC VR headset. The software is currently being perfected for setups including Windows Mixed Reality, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. It is available for use in Unity.
Two of the most valuable features of the mixed reality tool, apart of its highly engaging makeup, is that it aims to answer "the challenge of efficiently sketching and conveying spatial ideas in 3D."
Microsoft's 'Maquette' Software is Geared to Optimize VR Prototyping
1. Immersive Mixed Reality - Opportunity for businesses to leverage immersive mixed reality tools for prototyping and design.
2. Spatial Prototyping - Emerging trend in the design industry where businesses use mixed reality software to prototype spatial qualities.
3. Efficient Sketching - Growing demand for tools like Maquette that address the challenge of efficiently sketching and conveying spatial ideas in 3D.
1. Design - The design industry can benefit from immersive mixed reality tools like Maquette for spatial prototyping.
2. Virtual Reality (VR) - The VR industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by optimizing VR prototyping with tools like Maquette.
3. Software Development - Software developers can tap into the growing demand for efficient sketching tools by creating innovative solutions for spatial idea conveyance.