'Rotterdam Told by People' is a unique set of mirror maps that is meant to promote the city in a touching, unique and authentic way. Although more art than a piece of tourist information, the mirror maps are decorated with the stories of both locals and visitors in an effort to visualize experiences in a way that reflects the collective interpretations of the city.
Available in three sizes, the mirror maps were commissioned by Sweatshop Deluxe and designed by Catinca Tilea. The 'Rotterdam Told by People' project was researched heavily and told by Stefan Blokker and includes the experiences of Alba, Ana, Anton, Fons, Helmuth, Ivar, Julian, Kostas, Margreet, Patricia, Pierre, Richard, Rob, Romee and Trudy.
'Rotterdam Told by People' Visualizes Stories of Locals and Visitors
1. Authentic Storytelling - Mirror maps that visualize the stories of locals and visitors create an opportunity for authentic storytelling experiences.
2. Art-based Tourism - The use of mirror maps as an artistic representation of a city's experiences opens up opportunities for art-based tourism.
3. Collective Interpretations - Mirror maps that reflect the collective interpretations of a city provide opportunities for engaging and inclusive experiences.
1. Tourism - The mirror maps can be utilized by the tourism industry to offer unique and immersive experiences to visitors.
2. Art and Design - The creation of mirror maps as artistic installations presents opportunities for artists and designers to showcase their work.
3. Urban Planning - The concept of mirror maps can be adopted by urban planners to capture and convey the authentic stories and experiences of a city.