Streetwear imprint WTAPS recently introduces its latest MILL (UNIFORMS) diffusion line in preparation for the Spring/Summer 2019 season. The range looks back to its own roots by spotlighting the bare necessities that workwear embodies. The functionality is also highlighted with the delivery of the collection which is described as the "ultimate uniform line."
The design language dives deep to simplicity, oversized structures, and minimal tailoring. The range is comprised of a satin workshirt, cargo pants, ripstop jungle overshirt, field jacket, ripstop jungle pants, as well as a cotton-satin mix trouser. The color palette is simple, with militaristic green or washed out black along with some white pieces. The apparel is also accompanied by a utility belt and a collaborative Vans Vault s WTAPS sneaker.
WTAPS Launches the MILL (UNIFORMS) Diffusion Capsule for SS19
1. Minimalist Workwear - The rise of minimalist workwear designs offers an opportunity for fashion brands to create functional and stylish clothing for the professional market.
2. Militaristic Influences - The incorporation of militaristic influences in spring fashion designs presents a chance for designers to explore the intersection of utility and style.
3. Collaborative Sneaker Capsules - The popularity of collaborative sneaker capsules opens up a disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion and footwear brands to create exclusive and sought-after limited edition releases.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage minimalist workwear and militaristic influences to develop new collections and attract a wider customer base.
2. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the demand for collaborative sneaker capsules by partnering with fashion and footwear brands to offer limited edition releases and drive foot traffic to their stores.
3. Footwear - Footwear brands can explore collaborations with fashion designers to create unique sneaker capsules that appeal to both fashion enthusiasts and sneaker collectors.