Tommy Hilfiger announces its third 'Tommy's Drop Shop' release with the limited-edition Stevie Gee micro-capsule. Tommy’s Drop Shop aims to encourage the continual discovery of creativity with the London-based director, designer, and illustrator.
The co-designed range of short-sleeved and long-sleeved t-shirts and hoodies feature psychedelic cartoon drawings. With hues of blue and purple, DROP 3 also sees a wilting flower in a pot with a melting face, which happens to be one of Stevie Gee's signature designs. The limited apparel also features a muscular cartoon character and a reimagined cartoon TOMMY JEANS flag.
"How I created my designs for the collab? I drew them straight from my mind onto paper. That's it," says Stevie Gee about his creative process.
Image Credit: Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger Teams with Stevie Gee to Release its Micro-Capsule
1. Psychedelic Streetwear - The fusion of vibrant colors, modern street styles, and funky designs offers an opportunity to explore the use of visionary designs in contemporizing fashion.
2. Micro-capsule Collection - The trend of launching limited-edition collaborative collections with renowned artists, animators, or designers allows brands to experiment with off-beat designs and offer exclusive collectible streetwear edging on art.
3. Cartoon Graphics - The incorporation of cartoon graphics across apparel has been gaining popularity among brands lately, inspiring possibilities to merge pop culture and current fashion trends.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can explore the use of unconventional designs and artwork, which are not traditionally associated with high fashion, to create statement collections that stand out in the market.
2. Animation and Illustration - The trend opens opportunities for animators and illustrators to use their creative talent in crafting unique designs for fashion brands, providing exposure to new markets and varied opportunities to showcase their work.
3. Retail and E-commerce - The use of micro-capsules and limited-edition collections creates hype, and drives the sales and traffic for fashion brands, making it a trend to be embraced by the retail and e-commerce industry.