These cute and charming stools, designed by Michael Marriot exclusively for fashion designer Paul Smith, are crafted of sustainable birch plywood from the forests of Finland.
Part of a goal to design truly modern and versatile objects, the stool is not only eco-friendly, but also appeals to the modern-day necessity of easy construction and deconstruction as well. Michael Marriot’s stool is also lightweight, finished with fun geometric screen-print designs, and comes flat packed in five parts with four zip ties for easy assembly.
The end result is something that is unique yet still simple. And although it may not look it, the stool is even strong enough to stand on!
Michael Marriot's Eco-Conscious Stools for Paul Smith
1. Sustainable Stools - Creating furniture pieces made from sustainable materials to support eco-conscious living.
2. Easy Construction and Deconstruction - Designing furniture that provides convenience and flexibility through easy assembly and disassembly.
3. Lightweight and Flat Packed Furniture - Developing furniture that is lightweight, easy to transport, and can be efficiently packaged.
1. Furniture Design - Exploring sustainable materials and innovative construction techniques to create eco-friendly furniture pieces.
2. Eco-friendly Manufacturing - Implementing sustainable practices in the manufacturing process to reduce environmental impact.
3. Interior Design and Home Decor - Incorporating sustainable and versatile furniture options into interior design projects for eco-conscious consumers.