Not all graffiti is solely centered on colorful artistic expression: some street artists such as Michael Aaron Williams (and Banksy, of course) have political agendas that bring to light certain deplorable conditions in society. In this case, Michael Aaron Williams focuses on poverty and the homelessness in cities around the world.
Hailing from Knoxville, Michael Aaron Williams' work has shown up in other parts of the globe such as Austria, Berlin and Australia. Made to blend in with its surroundings, his street art allows you to consciously ignore the artistic representations of the homeless just as we do real homeless people.
Michael Aaron Williams fastens his work on walls using only duct tape to comment on the impermanence of art and life.
Michael Aaron Williams Comments on the Global Homeless Epidemic
1. Political Street Art - Opportunity for artists to use graffiti as a platform to express political messages and raise awareness about societal issues.
2. Social Activism Through Art - Creative approach to highlighting social issues and advocating for change through visual representations.
3. Integration of Art and Environment - Incorporating street art into the urban landscape to create thought-provoking experiences and challenge societal norms.
1. Art and Photography - Artists and photographers can explore new mediums and techniques to engage with social and political commentary.
2. Tourism and Travel - Cities with vibrant street art scenes can leverage their cultural assets to attract tourists interested in exploring urban art and socio-political narratives.
3. Non-profit Organizations - Opportunity for non-profit organizations to collaborate with street artists to raise awareness and support initiatives focused on poverty and homelessness.