If you were wondering what common brands would look like with metal band logos, you have Christophe Szpajdel to thank. The Belgian sketch artist did these redesigns to give the logos an edgier feel. He did this for social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter as well as computer mainstays such as Google, Apple, Microsoft and Yahoo. Randomly, Walt Disney, Prada and the New York Times were also included.
The black and white metal band logos keep the original branding mostly intact, but play on the typography subtly in his signature style. The artist is known in the metal music world as the 'Lord of Logos,' having designed over 7,000 logos for bands. The black metal redesigns were done for Fast Company.
Christophe Szpajdel Re-Imagines Big Brands to Resemble Metal Band Logos
1. Metal Band Inspired Logos - There is an opportunity for companies to tap into the edgy and rebellious aesthetic of metal music to reach a younger, alternative demographic through updated branding strategies.
2. Simplistic Logo Design - Designers can explore minimalist approaches to logo design, leaning more on typography and simple graphics in order to make logos more versatile and easier to adapt for future branding campaigns.
3. Visual Branding on Social Media - Companies can harness the visual nature of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, by prioritizing strong branding and logo placement in order to further solidify brand recognition and foster positive associations with their company.
1. Graphic Design - Graphic designers can utilize the trend of metal band inspired logos and minimalist design approaches to create edgy, visually impactful designs that resonate with alternative audiences.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising professionals can advise clients to consider updated branding strategies that utilize visual and minimalist approaches in order to appeal to younger and alternative demographics in a meaningful way.
3. Social Media Management - Social media managers can prioritize brand recognition and logo placement on social media platforms in order to create strong visual associations with their company and increase customer engagement online.