Alexandra Bogatyrova stars in the 'Mermaid Fantasy' image series that graces the July 2013 issue of Nylon Korea. This siren-inspired beauty story is lensed by visionary photographer Kim Oi Mil who captures the talented model chameleon as she floats in a pool of bright blue water.
Sporting a slew of vibrant wig designs, Alexandra channels a 90s grunge goddess as she pulls off choppy crimson locks as well as Seapunk-worthy violet and blue-hued tresses.
The 'Mermaid Fantasy' Nylon Korea editorial is a modern take on a classic underwater siren aesthetic. Referencing both mythological imagery as well as 90s era grunge undertones, this image series paints a powerful picture of femininity that endorses self-expression while going against the common grain of tradition.
The Mermaid Fantasy Nylon Korea Editorial is 90s Inspired
1. Mythological Imagery - Exploring and incorporating elements of mythological imagery into modern fashion photography presents an opportunity for unique and captivating visuals.
2. 90s Grunge Revival - Bringing back the fashion and aesthetics of the 90s grunge era allows for nostalgic and edgy editorial creations that appeal to a niche audience.
3. Alternative Hair Colors - Experimenting with unconventional and vibrant hair colors like choppy crimson, violet, and blue offers an opportunity to push the boundaries of traditional beauty standards.
1. Fashion Photography - Fashion photographers can leverage mythological imagery and the 90s grunge revival to create visually striking and unique editorial content.
2. Hair Color Products - The demand for alternative hair colors presents an opportunity for the hair color products industry to cater to the growing market of individuals looking to experiment with vibrant hues.
3. Fashion Retail - By incorporating elements of mythological imagery and 90s grunge fashion trends into their collections, fashion retailers can target a niche market seeking unique and edgy styles.