Threefold Architects is the brainpower behind the new (med)24 healthcare service center. The 24-hour facility takes queues from both medical and spa environments to foster a calming atmosphere. The center is carefully designed to create the ideal layout and lighting settings to put the patient experience at the heart of its ethos.
(med)24 boasts 7,000 sq ft and is located in London, England. The comfort-focused facility takes a holistic approach to healing, centered around wellness upkeeping. The modern healthcare center includes five consulting rooms, two treatment rooms, and a therapy suite with interior design accents to link each space into one seamless design. Overall, the private medical clinic boasts a spa-like feel rather than that of a sterile medical facility.
Image Credit: (med)24 / Three Architects
Threefold Architects Designed the 24-Hour (med)24 Healthcare Center
1. Spa-inspired Medical Centers - Designing healthcare facilities to have a spa-like atmosphere is becoming a growing trend, creating opportunities for architects and designers to create immersive experiences focused on wellness upkeeping.
2. Holistic Healing Centers - The rise of holistic healing centers that promote wellness rather than treating illnesses exclusively offer a disruptive innovation opportunity for healthcare practitioners and investors looking to adopt personalized, client-centered, and empathic approaches to care.
3. Patient-centric Healthcare Design - Focusing on the patient experience by creating beautiful, inviting, and functional healthcare centers where the patient's comfort is the top priority offers opportunities for architects, designers, and healthcare professionals to design new care models that prioritize consistently positive patient experiences.
1. Healthcare Architecture - Creating healthcare facilities that take design inspiration from spa environments offers a potentially lucrative opportunity for architects, construction companies, and real estate developers.
2. Holistic Healthcare - Incorporating wellness and holistic healing approaches in traditional medical practices to create a personalized approach to patient care is a growing area for healthcare practitioners and investors to innovate and disrupt the industry.
3. Patient Experience - Leveraging design and technology to enhance the patient experience by prioritizing comfort, convenience, and empathy offers a significant opportunity for healthcare providers to differentiate themselves in the market and attract new patients.