McDonald's blurry billboards demonstrate just how instantly recognizable the fast food chain's offerings are, as this new campaign has taken a global approach.
The campaign, titled 'Say No More,' features a set of print and billboard images, all of which feature a blurred image of a popular McDonald's menu item. Big Macs, value menu box and fries can be seen in the images, and though the photos are blurry, the iconic red and yellow color palette is instantly revealing. The food items are set against a colorful backdrop and feature clear text that reads "Say No More," which implies a universal understanding of the products offered.
This campaign was created by TBWA.
Image Credit: TBWA\San Juan
McDonald's Blurry Billboards are Still Instantly Recognizable
1. Blurred Advertising - Using blurred images in advertising campaigns to evoke brand recognition and curiosity.
2. Color Recognition - Highlighting iconic brand colors to create instant recognition in advertising.
3. Minimalist Advertising - Simplifying advertising campaigns to focus on a few recognizable elements.
1. Fast Food Industry - Using blurred and minimalist advertising campaigns to increase brand recognition and engage customers.
2. Marketing and Advertising Industry - Exploring the use of blurred imagery and color recognition in branding for various industries.
3. Graphic Design and Creative Industry - Developing minimalist advertising campaigns that focus on color and core elements to create strong branding for clients.