The CDPHE, or the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, created a short commercial with the help of ad agency Cactus to show parents the importance of educating children on marijuana use and the implications of it.
It begins with a couple and then pans to a variety of different children, with a narrator telling them to consider what it's been like to raise them. As the narrator explains, being a parent isn't always easy, especially when it comes to awkward talks.
The CDPHE drives the importance of communicating with kids in order to ensure that children can critically make future decisions for themselves. It's through this that it shows that the topic of marijuana use needs to be included, as parents are generally responsible for teaching kids everything they need to know.
The CDPHE Tells Parents to Educate Their Kids on Safe Marijuana Use
1. Parent Education - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop online platforms and resources for parents to learn how to educate their children on various topics, including marijuana use.
2. Child Safety - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create child-friendly packaging and accessories for cannabis products to minimize risks and promote responsible use.
3. Health Communication - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build interactive apps and tools to facilitate open and effective communication between parents, healthcare providers, and children about marijuana use.
1. Education - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design educational programs and curricula for schools to teach children about the risks and benefits of marijuana use.
2. Cannabis - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop child-proof packaging solutions and marketing strategies that promote responsible cannabis consumption for parents.
3. Healthcare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create telemedicine platforms that offer specialized consultations and guidance for parents concerned about their children's marijuana use.