The Manchester United 'Front Row Story' gave diehard fans all over the world to get as close to a real football game as they could from different countries. Since it's a huge commitment of time and money to be able to hop on a plane and watch a match, 22 superfans were invited to view a game from the front row with the aid of a Google+ hangout.
Instead of having the stands lined with digital advertisements, in their places were the live webcams of the Manchester United fans from places like Malaysia, Mexico, the United States and South Africa. As well as the incredible experience for the fans, the players must have loved the extra support coming at them from around the globe.
Manchester United 'Front Row' Brought Fans to the Field with Google+
1. Virtual Stadium Experiences - Virtual experiences that allow fans to get closer to the action without physically attending games.
2. Remote Fan Engagement - Methods and technologies that enable fans to connect and engage with events from afar.
3. Global Fan Participation - Initiatives that bring together fans from different countries to support their favorite teams remotely.
1. Virtual Reality - Creating immersive virtual experiences for fans to attend sporting events from their own homes.
2. Live Streaming Platforms - Facilitating live broadcasts and interactions between fans and sporting events.
3. Social Media and Digital Marketing - Utilizing platforms like Google+ to connect fans worldwide and provide unique experiences.