Yankee Candle, amazingly popular suppliers of high-end luminaries, are selling to a new demographic with their new line of 'Man Candles.'
Unforgivingly relying on male stereotypes, these incredibly specific scents are inspired by a variety of activities. Unlike the rest of Yankee Candle's often floral or food-inspired creations, this set is much more in touch with natural materials and tends toward subtlety. Some of the standout inspirations for the scented luminaries include 'Riding Mower,' '2X4,' and 'First Down,' which touts a distinct leather-like scent. Though not the first masculine take on candles, the Yankee Candle collection is much more extensive than similar series.
Experimental, experience-inspired and a tad tongue-in-cheek, these 'Man Candles' are a clever and interesting way for Yankee Candle to expand its targeted customer base.
These 'Man Candles' are Offbeat
1. Masculine Scented Candles - The rise of masculine scented candles presents an opportunity for candle manufacturers to tap into a new market segment.
2. Gendered Marketing - The use of gendered marketing techniques, such as 'Man Candles,' showcases the potential for brands to target specific demographics with unique product lines.
3. Subtle and Natural Scents - The preference for subtle and natural scents in candles creates an opening for manufacturers to explore alternative fragrance profiles.
1. Candle Manufacturing - The introduction of 'Man Candles' highlights a disruptive opportunity for candle manufacturers to diversify their product offerings and appeal to a broader customer base.
2. Home Decor - The trend of masculine scented candles presents an opportunity for home decor brands to incorporate unique fragrance options into their product lines.
3. Retail and Marketing - Gendered marketing strategies, exemplified by 'Man Candles,' offer retail and marketing companies a chance to develop targeted campaigns and promotions for specific demographics.