Coffee tables could become a thing of the past if Make-a-Table ever went from concept to reality. Created by Israeli design student Yael Zwickel, Make-a-Table consists of a set of four C-Clamps that can instantly turn any object into a table.
The C-Clamps sit atop legs that look a lot like over-sized ballpoint pens complete with rubber grips. The legs have a preset height that appears to be permanently set at "coffee table." This may seem bothersome initially, but it makes sense as the higher the legs are, the less stability the table would have.
The Make-a-Table is a great design for people looking to fill their homes with eye-catching furniture without spending a bundle. Zwickel's design could also help realize the dream of the coffee table book that actually functions as a coffee table. Oh, the possibilities!
Make-a-Table Lets You Turn Any Object into an Original Piece of Furniture
1. Redefining Furniture - The trend of creating multi-purpose furniture that can transform everyday objects into furniture will become more popular.
2. DIY Furniture - The trend of allowing consumers to personalize and make their own furniture will become more popular with new tools like Make-a-Table.
3. Sustainable Furniture - The trend of repurposing and upcycling objects into unique furniture pieces will become more popular as people seek sustainable and eco-friendly options.
1. Furniture - The furniture industry can expand or create new product lines to cater to consumers who prefer customizable and sustainable furniture options.
2. Home Improvement - The home improvement industry can create new products, such as Make-a-Table, that allow homeowners to personalize their spaces with DIY projects.
3. E-commerce - The e-commerce industry can market and sell tools like Make-a-Table to consumers who seek customizable furniture options and DIY projects.