At 1,200,000 euros, the magnetic floating bed ain't cheep, but you'll impress your friends, your date will feel like she's levitating, and you'll finally know what it's like to sleep on a cloud. The bed was designed by architect Janjaap Ruijssenaars.
Implications - Furniture pieces such as the featured floating magnetic bed are an example of today's culture moving away from conventions. People want more out of their home furnishings and businesses that provide unique items to these consumers will be filling that consumer need. People are moving into the future and design has to move with them. Businesses need to be on top of the game and be aware of upcoming design trends that are sure to draw people in if they want to keep consumer interest.
Sleep on a Cloud
1. Unique Furniture - Furniture pieces like the magnetic floating bed cater to consumers who want more out of their home furnishings.
2. Moving Away From Conventions - Today's culture is embracing unconventional designs like the magnetic floating bed, indicating a shift in consumer preferences.
3. Future-oriented Design - Designs that embrace the future, such as the magnetic floating bed, are sure to draw consumer interest and provide disruptive innovation opportunities.
1. Home Furnishings - Businesses in the home furnishings industry can tap into the growing demand for unique furniture, offering items like the magnetic floating bed.
2. Interior Design - Interior design professionals can stay ahead of the game by incorporating future-oriented designs like the magnetic floating bed into their projects.
3. Luxury Goods - The luxury goods industry can leverage the popularity of unique and unconventional designs by offering high-end products like the magnetic floating bed to cater to affluent consumers.