The 'Heng Lamp' is a magnet lamp that, although functional, is more recognized for its unique concept than it is for its ability to provide light.
The lamp was designed by Zanwen lee and comes in three different shapes and sizes that include a square, circle and an oval. The shapes of the magnet lamps are reminiscent of Dyson's blade-less fans and the artist recognizes this fact. Hanging from the top and resting from the bottom are two strings that hold wooden spheres at the end -- each of which contains a strong magnet. When the strings are pushed together, the magnets attract them to one another causing them to appear as though they are defying gravity and simultaneously turning on their light source.
When creating this lamp, the designer was most concerned with exceptional quality and he managed to achieve just that.
This Magnet Lamp Focuses More On Design Than Function
1. Magnet-controlled Lamps - The trend of magnet-controlled lamps offers unique and visually captivating lighting solutions.
2. Design-focused Lighting - The trend of design-focused lamps shifts the emphasis from pure functionality to aesthetic appeal.
3. Gravity-defying Illumination - The trend of gravity-defying lamps creates a sense of visual wonder and innovation in lighting design.
1. Interior Design - The interior design industry can leverage magnet-controlled lamps to create visually stunning lighting setups in various spaces.
2. Home Decor - The home decor industry can tap into the design-focused lighting trend to offer unique and statement-making lamp options for customers.
3. Lighting Manufacturing - The lighting manufacturing industry can explore gravity-defying illumination as an avenue for disruptive innovation, creating new and captivating lighting products.