Madagascar hissing cockroaches made a name for themselves in fashion circles this year by becoming all bejeweled and walking around on skinny models as live brooches. Now during the first weekend of the Six Flags Over Texas Halloween festival, they are being used as a means for kids to skip to the front of the line at the Titan roller coaster. If you dare to chew and swallow one of these wingless 3-inch long cockroaches, you will also be given a Flash Pass for the evening that allows you to bypass the line on other thrill rides. The edible insects, that are considered a delicacy in many Asian and African cultures, will be available for one hour at the Titan ride each night of the opening weekend. And just so you know a Madagascar hissing cockroach can run up to 3 mph. (GUSH Magazine)
1. Edible Insects - The trend of using edible insects as a unique incentive or reward for customers, such as skipping lines at amusement parks.
2. Alternative Experiences - The trend of offering unconventional experiences, like eating cockroaches, to attract customers and create memorable moments.
3. Cultural Fusion - The trend of incorporating traditional foods from different cultures, such as edible insects, into mainstream cuisine and events.
1. Amusement Parks - Amusement parks can explore offering unique experiences like eating edible insects as a way to attract more customers and create buzz around their offerings.
2. Culinary Industry - Culinary professionals can experiment with incorporating edible insects into menus or creating new dishes to cater to adventurous eaters and cultural fusion trends.
3. Event Planning - Event planners can explore incorporating alternative experiences, such as eating cockroaches, as a way to create memorable moments and cater to customers looking for unconventional experiences.